Jesus in the Holy Qur’an:
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the merciful
Chapter 19, Maryam (Mary):Verses 15-34; The Holy Qur’an:
• Peace be upon him the day he was born, the day he dies and the day he raised from the dead.
• And remember [the account] of Mary in the book when she withdrew from her people to an Eastern place.
• She screened herself away from them, and We sent to her Our Spirit and it appeared to her in the form of a well-shaped human being.
• She said: “I seek refuge with Allah from you, if you fear God.”
• He said: “I am only the messenger of your Lord to grant you a boy most pure.”
• She said: “Shall I have a boy, when no man has touched me and I have not been an unchaste woman?”
• He (the angel) said: “Thus [it will be], your Lord has said: “This is an easy matter for Me; that We may make him [the boy, Jesus] a sign unto mankind and a mercy from Us.” And thus it was decreed.
• So, she conceived him and she withdrew with him to a distant place.
• Then labour pangs drove her towards the trunk of a palm tree. She said: “I wish I had died before this and had become completely forgotten.”
• Whereupon [a voice, her child Jesus] called her from beneath her: “Do not grieve. Your Lord has created below you a stream.”
• “Shake the trunk of the palm tree towards you and it will drop upon you fresh ripe dates.”
• “Eat, drink and rejoice [your eyes with Jesus]. Then if you see any human say: ‘I have vowed to the Compassionate to fast, and so I shall not talk today to any human being’.”
• Then she brought him [the child] to her people, carrying him. They said: “O Mary, you have surly committed a strange thing.”
• “Sister of Aaron, your father was not an evil man and your mother was not unchaste.”
• Whereupon she pointed to him. They said: “How will we talk to one who is still an infant in the cradle?”
• He said: “Indeed, I am the servant of Allah [The God], who gave me the Book and made me a prophet.”
• “And he made me a blessed wherever I am, and has commanded me to pray and to give the alms, so long as I live;
• “And be devoted to my mother; and He did not make me arrogant and mischievous.”
• “Peace be upon me the day I was born, the day I die and the day I rise from the dead.”
• Such was Jesus, son of Mary; it is the truth which they dispute.
* * * * * *
The Wise, Lughman, (Chapter 31:Verse 22; Qur’an Majid):
“And who submits his face towards (The God) Allah, and he is a good-doer, then has surly grasped the firmest handle, and towards Allah is the ultimate issue of all affairs.”
O’ the best of Good-doers.