To the martyrs my sigh flies
Embossomed in the deep where Karbala lies,
Here pilgrims’ pride gains a daily cheer
To boast one splendid commemoration once a year,
Blest spirits, you, whose fame just born to bloom
Shall spread and flourish from the tomb.
They please, are pleased, they give blood
Till martyrdom, they grow to what they stood.
O unhappy land! You tempt the swords
Blood boils here to steam glory in hoards.
With kind concern our pitying eyes overflow
Trace the tale of martyrs in our everlasting woe.
The beauteous past reappeared at length
The Prophet’s Qur’an and Ali’s strength,
Ah! How bright glitters the blood’s ray
Shed was the Prophet’s blood, made eternal the day.
Unawed by power, unappalled by fear
With honest faith they held Muhammad’s labour dear.
A time there was, Husain was on Muhammad’s shoulders
In Karbala he lifts his martyred son on his shoulders.
Who can feel how Husain as a father felt the plight
Ali Akbar resembled the Prophet to every sight,
When he came and stood by Ali Akbar’s side
To lift the body of his young son so brutally died.
This day beyond its term extends
Life is ended when Karbala ends.
Each melting sigh and every tender tear
We draw and shed ends in the enemies’ fear.
With close attention behind the scenes we find
A glowing courage that warms Zainab’s mind,
Husain alone to every person could give
The Qur’an’s Truth and the Prophet Sunnah live.
Here Ali Asghar claims a pitying sigh
Scarce born to martyrdom and in infancy to die,
All wept as the echoing sigh from inside the camp heard
The Truth with its speech pierced each heart and head.
Hard was the lot which Zainab endured
Brought the facts to light and sealed the enemy obscured.
Here sleep the brave ones – all sunk to rest
The Prophet’s House they and all so blest.
Here all is glory and pilgrims in crowds sway
Love in tears flows and animates the clay.
Here each martyr lies in a diviner mood
The sands are flattened by blood their food.
Seraphic voices are heard to sound
Why not? Shrine upon shrine all around,
And Zahra from the veiling cloud
Breathes her sighs crying aloud,
Here in this air, in this soil in rapture I’m blind
Husain rules here, he is the Lord, to him all is designed.
1. Martyrdom Anniversary of Imam Hussain (A.S.) and His 72 Faithful Followers
2. The Truth About Imam Husain’s Revolution
3. The Land of Karbala
4. Maqtal Works During the Safawid and Qajarid Eras
5. Prophecy of the Martyrdom of Imam Husayn (‘a) in the Musnad of Ibn Hanbal
6. Urdu Marsiay and Nohay
7. The Events after Ashura
8. Imam Husain's Historic Journey to Karbala
9. Hazrat Ali Asghar: The Youngest Child of Imam Husain (A.S.)
10. Qais Ibn Musaher: The Ambassador of Imam Husain (A.S.)
11. The History and Philosophy of Aza-e-Husain (A.S.)
12. The Tragedy of the Two Young Sons of Muslim Ibn Aqil
13. Martyrdom of Muslim Ibn Aqil in Kufah
14. The Philosophy of the Martyrdom of Imam Husayn (A.S.)
15. The Message of Karbala
16. Philosophy of Muharram
17. Muharram and Safar - A Time of Mourning
18. Birth of Imam Husain (A.S.)
19. Companions of Imam Husain (A.S.) and their Martyrdom
20. Some of the Virtues of Imam Husain (A.S.)
21. The Holy City of Karbala
22. Khak E Shifa
23. About the Map of Imam Husayn's Journey to Karbala
24. Chronology of the Life of Imam Husayn(A.S.)
25. How Do We View Imam Husayn (A.S) in the Depth of History?
26. What the Holy Prophet of Islam (pbuh) Said About Imam Hassan & Imam Hussain (pbut)?
27. Hussein in Global Eyes: The Right is the Might
28. Muharram (poem)
29. Find More on Imam Hussein (AS)
30. Ziarat Ashura of Imam Hussain (as), Arabic & English Text
31. Objectives and Aims of the Ziyarah to Imam Hussain(A.S.)
32. Lamentation Poetry for Imam Hussain(A.S.)
33. Rites of Remembrance for Imam Hussain(A.S.) by Ahlul Bayt
34. The Public Rites of Remembrance for Imam Hussain(A.S.)
35. The Stages of the Rites of Azadari
36. The Phenomenon of Weeping in the Rites of Azadari
37. Causes of the rise of Imam Hussain(A.S.)
38. Allamah Iqbal on Imam Hussain(A.S.)
39. Tragedy of Karbala Remains Unforgetable
40. Forty Ahadith(Traditions) In Praise of Imam Hussain(A.S.)
41. English Nohay For Imam Husain (A.S): Baby is Slaughtered
42. English Nohay For Imam Husain (A.S): Imam Husain Leaves Madinah
43. English Nohay For Imam Husain (A.S); Hurr: The Warrior Friend
44. English Nohay For Imam Husain (A.S); Sacrifice of Aon and Muhammad
45. English Nohay For Imam Husain (A.S); An Eighteen Year Old Soldier
46. English Nohay For Imam Husain (A.S); Qasim: The Pride and Joy
47. English Nohay For Imam Husain (A.S); The Battle of Karbala
48. The Night of Ashura
49. The Day of Ashura
50. The Status of Imam Husayn (A.S.)
51. Role of Women in the Husayni Revolution
52. 40 Ahadith Regarding Azadari
53. Sayings of Imam Husain(A.S.)
54. Imam Husain's (A.S.) Sermon on Enjoining Good and Forbidding Evil
55. The Doyen of the Martyrs
56. Karbala Chain Of Events
57. The Sermon of Mina
End Item/ 129